Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Message From Glasswalls AKA Cade Peterson, Playstation Network's Digital Platforms Community Manager (01-22-2013 05:35 PM)


So you all want me to be more vocal. Here you go. I hope this all makes sense and makes everyone a little more understanding. Unfortunately, I cannot be more like this all the time, but here's a moment I'm sharing with you to provide a little more insight.

The plan was to let everyone in on the major change as early as possible, following up with a global sync of releasing the Patch Notes in full (once they were finalized), which is scheduled for tomorrow. This is all according to plan, regardless of any drama-canes that might result of it. If I have to take one for the team because people want to kill the messenger, or because some community member gets out of line and doesn't like being corrected, it's par for the course in my line of work. It's unfortunate, but I do not have time to waste with pettiness when I aim to deliver a message in good faith for everyone to let them know changes they should know as early as possible.

It was actually *my* idea to share it that early—global community management agreed with me, so you're welcome from my heart to yours (honestly). I could just let things happen, but I do aim to ensure things run as ideally as possible for everyone's satisfaction, but it's mostly behind the scenes work, so you don't have to see or worry about it. I guess a dividend from that is that no one knows how much I work *for* them, so I get little credit or appreciation. I'm not asking for any, but you'll have to trust me on that. Believe it or not, I do love this community and try to serve it the best I can. So if someone feels butt-hurt, I'm sorry, but I refuse to tolerate nastiness. No one is allowed to be a jerk here. So knock it off. I've been saying that since 2008 and won't be stopping anytime soon. I also don't read entire threads of a drama-cane, so you can bet I didn't read the entire recent one either. Nope. Not going to do it. I have far more important things on my plate at all times that require my attention more than a single, ridiculous thread bashing me or us or Home in general. I have a world to run folks, because I can stop working and let things fall apart if you prefer. No more blog posts, we can retire the Home forums, and put this baby to bed...

But I prefer to do Home justice by working my tail off, each and every day. And I'm fond of smiles and hearts, so even when I may not be happy with the way you guys blow things out of proportion and/or blame me for things out of *my* control, or with the way things are at that short moment in time, I stay optimistic and continue to do my best to serve this amazing community.

See the thread here.

No comments:

Post a Comment